An information system of the customer unit is ready to be installed on the newly purchased server. The server uses the Windows 2003 Server operating system, which requires a USB dongle. I thought the installation would be very smooth, but after the installation, it always prompted that the server could not detect the dongle. I thought it was necessary to install the dongle driver. Some people said that the USB version of the dongle was drive-free. We tried many methods but failed, so we had to contact the software developer by telephone and install it successfully according to the steps provided by the software developer engineer. The following analysis is made by the manufacturer of Zhejiang University's central control operator dongle:
1. Start the corresponding software support services.
2. Connect the network cable, connect the public network or the intranet. I don't understand that. Anyway, it is enough to activate the network card. Otherwise, as long as the network connection is disconnected, the encryption dongle will not work.
3. Install and enable IPX protocol. The full name is "NWLinkIPX/SPX/NetBIOSCompatibleTransportProtocol". In the local connection attribute, General, select Install, select Protocol and add, select this protocol and confirm.
4. Turn off the firewall or antivirus software. Of course, in order to ensure the system security, you can also set the software white list so that the security software does not restrict the operation and network transmission of the information system. Of course, the firewall here contains the firewall that comes with Windows. If you want to retain the Windows firewall function, you can choose not to turn it off, and then switch to the "Exceptions" tab to add the server-side program that uses the encryption dongle.
5. Set "Data Execution Protection (DEP)" to "Enable Data Execution Protection only for key Windows programs and services". Right click on the properties of my computer, select Advanced, click "Settings" under "Performance", and switch to the "Data Execution Protection" tab. This is more important. The reason why the dongle can't run this time is that the "Enable data execution protection for all programs and services except the selected ones" is set. Of course, you can also set a white list here.
This is how to solve the problem that a software can't detect the dongle. If you have any doubts or needs about this, please come to our website http://www.sdjkyqyb.com Ask about it!